This is the second video in the Middle Way Philosophy Introductory Course.
Some suggested reflection questions:
- Does this present a different view of scepticism to the one you hold or have held? If so, what is or has been your view of it?
- Can you suggest an example of a belief in which you have great confidence, but may nevertheless possibly be wrong?
- Can you also suggest a belief that you confidently deny, but which may nevertheless possibly be correct?
- Can you see a practical value in leaving open that possibility in both cases?
Suggested further reading:
- Migglism Section 2: ‘Scepticism’
- Truth on the Edge Chapter 1 (slightly more detailed)
- Middle Way Philosophy I: 1 a & b (more detailed/ academic)